La dolce vita /Material type: FilmPublisher number: CC2407BD | The Criterion CollectionLanguage: Italian Original language: Italian Subtitle language: English Series: The Criterion collection ; 733Distributor: [New York, N.Y.] : The Criterion Collection, Copyright date: ©2014Edition: Blu-ray special editionDescription: 1 videodisc (174 min.) : sound, black and white ; 4 3/4 in. + 1 bookletContent type:
- two-dimensional moving image
- Dolce vita (Motion picture)
- Journalists -- Italy -- Rome -- Drama
- Tabloid newspapers -- Italy -- Rome -- Drama
- Gossip columnists -- Drama
- Hedonism -- Drama
- Men -- Conduct of life -- Drama
- Man-woman relationships -- Drama
- Rich people -- Drama
- Lifestyles -- Italy -- Drama
- Gossip columnists
- Man-woman relationships
- Manners and customs
- Men -- Conduct of life
- Rich people
- Tabloid newspapers
- Rome (Italy) -- Social life and customs -- Drama
- Italy -- Rome
- DVA 2787 (viewing copy)
- Director of photography, Otello Martelli ; editor, Leo Catozzo ; music by Nino Rota ; musical director, Franco Ferrara ; executive producer, Franco Magli ; production designer and costume designer, Piero Gherardi.
|Item type||Current library||Shelving location||Call number||Status||Date due||Barcode|
|Video Recording||Carleton University, AVRC||SP456 - Collections Room||BLU-00514 (Browse shelf(Opens below))||Available||16050315337|
Wide screen (2.35:1).
Originally released as a motion picture in 1960.
Title from container.
Special features: New 4k digital restoration by the Film Foundation. Disc 2: The eye & the beholder (new visual essay by filmmaker :: kogonada that explores the film's mobile camera); Federico Fellini (1965 interview conducted by Irving R. Levine for NBC News, Fellini discusses his dislike of discussing or analyzing his own films, the work of other directors, the ideal circumstances for making a film and his approach to collaboration); Lina Wertmüller (new interview with film director and Fellini collaborator Lina Wertmüller); David Forgacs (new interview with scholar David Forgacs about the film); Antonello Sarno (new interview with Italian journalist Antonello Sarno about the film); Marcello Mastroianni (1963 audio interview with the actor by film historian Gideon Bachmann, discusses the film and Mastroianni's relationship with the director); Felliniana (photo gallery of La dolce vita ephemera from the collection of Don Young); An essay by critic Gary Giddins.
Sources used: videodisc container.
Requires Blu-ray player.
Italian dialogue with optional English subtitles.